Mission of Children's Ministry
To teach children to love, know, and serve Jesus Christ. To train parents to disciple their kids. To reach kids and teach them to reach other kids.
Sunday School (Babies through 6th Grade)
Meeting at 9:45 on Sunday morning, the children's Sunday school classes are a fun way for kids to get a foundation in the stories of the Bible. Our teachers love kids and love the Lord. Each class is taught Bible Studies for Life by LifeWay.
Awana (Wednesdays 6-7:30pm)
2yrs old - 6th grade
The prayer of Awana is "To reach every boy and girl around the world so that they might know, love, and serve the Lord Jesus Christ". Awana is our child discipleship powerhouse. The kids come every week excited and ready to learn more about God and His Word. They learn Bible verses, make new friends, learn stories from the Bible, and play awesome games. We have theme nights where the kids get to dress up and act silly. We pray with the kids and every child is made to feel welcome. Even children with learning disabilities can join in the fun (many of our leaders are trained to work with learning disabled children). All the while the kids earn cool prizes that encourage them to do their best and keep trying harder. For more information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Children that love to sing or act!
Sundays / 5:20-7:30pm / K thru 6th grade
DURING FALL SEMESTER ONLY
*See below for Try-out Dates & Rehearsal Schedule
- Sunday, September 1, at 5:20– 6:20 pm Kick-off rehearsal and parent informational meeting
- Musical will be previewed,
- Schedules will be distributed
- Sign up for Audition time
- Costuming needs communicated
- Saturday, September 7, 10 am – 12:30 pm Auditions for speaking parts and solos
- Sunday, September 8, 6:30 – 7:00 p.m. Make-up auditions
- Sunday 15, 5:20-7:30 p.m. - Regular Sunday Evening rehearsals begin
- Each Sunday evening through September 17 (weekly rehersal)
Production Week Rehearsals
- Thursday, November 21, 6-8 pm Tech rehearsal – full run through
- Friday, November 22, 6-8:30 pm Dress Rehearsal
- Saturday, November 23 at 6:30 pm Performance (call time to be announced)
All rehearsals and performance will be at West Lynchburg Baptist Church
3031 Memorial Avenue, Lynchburg, VA 24501